Monday, February 13, 2012

Welcome to my Blog!

Hello and Welcome! I've been thinking about starting a blog for some time now, and today was the day to finally do it! I enjoy writing and expressing my thoughts and feelings - and I hope you will enjoy reading them. I will be writing on various topics from God, to being a Wife and Mommy, to being an Army Wife, to our son Bear, to fitness, dieting & competing, to arts and classical music and who knows what else! My goal here is to my completely transparent and real about who I am, the many mistakes I've made, the valuable lessons learned, and the amazing life God has blessed me with.

This is what I wrote on my website at the beginning of this year, and I'd like to share that with you here.

"My baby Bear just turned 3 years old! I couldn't be a prouder Momma and I love that little guy more than words can say. On this day I think back to when he was born and how it became very real how precious life is. Time stopped for those first few minutes and we didn't know if he would open his eyes and take his first breath. And praise the Lord, the EMTs got there in time and he is here today.
I remember later being completely exhausted and even when he was crying, it was music to my ears, I was so thankful."



"That day gave me such perspective on life, and how blessed we really are, and how grateful we need to be. So that is my New Year's Resolution this year -- to always keep things in perspective, see the bigger picture, and be grateful. I am blessed beyond what I deserve, and that is the amazing grace and mercy of our God!"

In keeping with my New Year's Resolution, I have been praying for those things; to keep things in perspective, see the bigger picture and be grateful -- and the Lord is always faithful in answering prayers. In the past few weeks He has helped me with all of those things and then some. I will be using this theme in many of my future blogs.Taking a moment to step out of your tiny little world and see things on a grander scale does wonders! It helps you see what is truly important and how much you really have.

No comments:

Post a Comment