Monday, February 27, 2012

Giving Credit Where Credit is Due!

Happy Monday Everyone!

I just wanted to take a few minutes to say Thank You and share with you what has helped me so much in the past few months.

First and foremost, Thank You God! :) I know He is doing a great work in me, and here's some of the ways He has helped me:
  • My amazing husband, Lucas!
    • He has stuck with me and supported me through thick and thin and continues to show me what love really is!
  • Wednesday Morning Women's Bible Study at Olympia Lacey Church of God
    • This is a wonderful group of ladies, we are all different ages, different stages in life, coming together to get to know our Lord a little better each week.
  • "Duty or Delight? Knowing Where You Stand with God" by Tammie Head
    • This was my first Bible Study and WOW!
    • Tammie takes you through a process where you get to know God on a much more personal level so you can delight in being his child!
    • This book gave me so much strength through His Word that I was able to face so many things in myself that needed to change. I admit, I was in denial about a lot of things that were effecting me negatively. It wasn't until I was able to really face them, that I could finally be free of them.
  • "A Women's Heart, God's Dwelling Place" by Beth Moore
    • We are doing this one right now and again WOW!
    • I will comment more on this once we are finished and it's really sunk in :)
Both of these books can be found online in numerous places - but here's a link for ya
http://www.lifeway.com/

  • Scott Abel
    • I hired Scott to be my coach a few months ago, and I wish I would have hired him a couple years ago!
    • I will post more on my whole Figure experience, but after 4 competitions I had run myself into the ground and needed some expert help.
    • "The Other Side of the Mirror" was the first book of Scott's that I read. Serously, everyone who has ever dieted and definitely competed needs to read this book. I had never before read a book that so clearly wrote in black and white how I was thinking! Where "Duty or Delight?" gave me the strength, "The Other Side of the Mirror" gave me the ability to see. The two worked so perfectly together as I read them both at the same time.
    • "Your Truth is Calling, Connecting the Dots to Self-Awareness" - the next book of Scott's that I'm currently reading. If you are ready to move forward, this is a great book to read. I felt like I was going in circles for a long time and this book, along with "The Other Side of the Mirror" has helped me break out of that and like I said before, move forward!
Here's Scott's website www.scottabel.com

So Thank You, Thank You, Thank You God, Lucas, Wednesday Morning Women's Bible Study, Tammie Head, Beth Moore and last but certainly not least, Scott Abel!

No comments:

Post a Comment