I just wanted to take a few minutes to say Thank You and share with you what has helped me so much in the past few months.
First and foremost, Thank You God! :) I know He is doing a great work in me, and here's some of the ways He has helped me:
- My amazing husband, Lucas!
- He has stuck with me and supported me through thick and thin and continues to show me what love really is!
- Wednesday Morning Women's Bible Study at Olympia Lacey Church of God
- This is a wonderful group of ladies, we are all different ages, different stages in life, coming together to get to know our Lord a little better each week.
- "Duty or Delight? Knowing Where You Stand with God" by Tammie Head
- This was my first Bible Study and WOW!
- Tammie takes you through a process where you get to know God on a much more personal level so you can delight in being his child!
- This book gave me so much strength through His Word that I was able to face so many things in myself that needed to change. I admit, I was in denial about a lot of things that were effecting me negatively. It wasn't until I was able to really face them, that I could finally be free of them.
- "A Women's Heart, God's Dwelling Place" by Beth Moore
- We are doing this one right now and again WOW!
- I will comment more on this once we are finished and it's really sunk in :)
- Scott Abel
- I hired Scott to be my coach a few months ago, and I wish I would have hired him a couple years ago!
- I will post more on my whole Figure experience, but after 4 competitions I had run myself into the ground and needed some expert help.
- "The Other Side of the Mirror" was the first book of Scott's that I read. Serously, everyone who has ever dieted and definitely competed needs to read this book. I had never before read a book that so clearly wrote in black and white how I was thinking! Where "Duty or Delight?" gave me the strength, "The Other Side of the Mirror" gave me the ability to see. The two worked so perfectly together as I read them both at the same time.
- "Your Truth is Calling, Connecting the Dots to Self-Awareness" - the next book of Scott's that I'm currently reading. If you are ready to move forward, this is a great book to read. I felt like I was going in circles for a long time and this book, along with "The Other Side of the Mirror" has helped me break out of that and like I said before, move forward!
So Thank You, Thank You, Thank You God, Lucas, Wednesday Morning Women's Bible Study, Tammie Head, Beth Moore and last but certainly not least, Scott Abel!